Early Arrival Drop Off Procedure
Parents must park and walk their students inside to the sign in desk located in the cafeteria. We are not able to offer curbside drop off at this time and we apologize for the inconvenience. All families are asked to enter through the front doors of the school. We encourage you to park in the parking lot along Country Trail. Please do NOT park in any fire or “no parking” zones, even if it is for a short time.
After School Pick Up Procedure
3:45-4:30 Students are arriving and eating snack, therefore we do not recommend picking your child up during this time. If you do, please expect a slight wait time. You must park in the parking lot along Country Trail.
4:30-6:00pm Car Rides Out/Curbside Pick Up: YOU CAN ONLY USE THIS SERVICE IF YOU’VE TEXTED AHEAD!! Text Ms. Micks at (919) 946-1566 when you are +/-10 minutes away from picking up your child. Your child will be ready when you arrive. New rides out tags will be given out this year and must be clearly displayed in your dashboard. If you do not text ahead, please park in the parking spaces (not along curb) and walk inside so as not to disrupt the flow of car rides out.
In the event that someone comes to pick up the child and they are not on their approved pick up list, we will call the parent to make sure they have been approved, so please let us know ahead of time VIA EMAIL if you are planning on having someone different pick up your child.
CAR RIDES OUT: (After school pick up up option)
Car rides out will run from 4:30pm-6:00pm
NOTE: Start time may be delayed if buses are delayed
Parents have the option of staying in their car for curbside pick up in the afternoons, ONLY between 4:30pm -6:00pm. You must text ahead to utilize this service! Otherwise, please walk inside to pick up your child.
How it works:
1. Text (919) 946-1566 when you are on your way to pick up your child and we will get him/her ready to go.
2. Drive up to the curb in the bus lot at the end of the breezeway sidewalk. Make sure your child's rides out tag (rides out tags will be distributed during the first 2 weeks of school) is clearly displayed on your dashboard.
3. Wait in your car. A staff member will pass you a clipboard with the sign out sheet and help your child into the car.
Any parents who choose to walk in and sign their child out during car rides out hours, please note that there will only be one clipboard available (the rides out clipboard). You will need to sign your child out on your way inside or on your way outside instead of at the desk. We are trying to reduce our use of paper, so we will only have one sign out sheet for after care and that will be outside at rides out.
We do not provide breakfast or snack for our Early Arrival program. Students have the option of bringing snacks or breakfast from home to be eaten at Early Arrival, or, at 8:45am when the bell rings, students can go to buy breakfast from the cafeteria before going to class.
We DO provide a healthy snack to the students at our After School Program. Snacks will include fruit, pretzels, goldfish, animal crackers and other approved snacks. If your child has any unique dietary needs or allergies, please let us know at registration. If you would like to opt your child out of our after school snacks, please let us know as well. Students are welcome to bring additional snacks from home to be eaten at the beginning of our program.
Very Important: LAFS Absences must be reported!!!
It is so important that you let us know if your child will NOT be attending the LAFS After School Program for any reason. If your child does not show up, we will be very worried! Examples might be that he/she went home sick, got picked up early, had a club to attend, was a carpooler. Please email or call us to let us know. DO NOT RELY ON YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER TO TELL US! The best way to let us know your child will not be here is to email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 716-560-0370
Early Arrival absences do not need to be reported.
Inclement Weather Procedures
In the event of inclement weather, it is possible that we will have delays/cancellations. In the event of a delayed start, the early arrival program will follow the same delay. So, for example, if school is on a 2 hour delay, Early Arrival will not begin until 8:30am.
As with last year, if there is an emergency dismissal and after school activities get cancelled, we will follow your "emergency dismissal plan" that you fill out at registration. Be make sure you are signed up for our school's Yahoo email group, Mr. Cohen's phone messages, as well as the before/after school Facebook and Remind 101 so you receive notifications of this nature.
Inclement Weather Credits
- Credits/Refunds are not given when the After School Program is cancelled due to early dismissal or cancellation of after school activities by the Superintendent.
- When an entire school day is cancelled due to inclement weather, the After-School Program will operate on the school make-up day. No credit or refund will be made for those days. If the principal makes a decision to not offer the childcare program on the make-up day, a credit is due. The principal is responsible for notifying parents about the decision to not offer the program.
- When the Board of Education decides to make up inclement weather days outside of the predetermined make up days, refunds/credits will be determined by the WCPSS leadership team.
- For Early Release Only participants, a refund will be issued if the Board of Education cancels early release days.
Early Release Fridays
If your child attends the after school program on Fridays during a normal week, then you are already covered for your child to attend after school on our Early Release Fridays. Students will attend the after school program from 1:00pm-6:00pm on early release fridays.
Teacher workdays are not included in enrollment, nor is there an option for childcare on Teacher Workdays at this time. On days when students do not attend school, there is no childcare provided.